Join Our Team
Together, we’re building the future
of edge-AI & machine learning
Director of Digital Health Solutions
- Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
- Revision date: June 2022
- Classification: Consultant Position
- Location: Virtual and at NeuTigers’ discretion
- Start date: January, 2023
Launched in 2018, NeuTigers is driving groundbreaking Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to the edge, improving how people and companies manage their health, operate their businesses, and protect their data, applications, and network systems.
A spinout of Princeton University, NeuTigers is fueled by breakthrough Intellectual Property (IP) from some of the world’s leading researchers and scientists. Our patented edge AI technology stack platform is at the core of our ability to accelerate the construct of real-world problem-solving solutions and allows for broad and rapid deployment at scale across many industry domains or sectors.
Our team is an interdisciplinary band of serial entrepreneurs who are passionate about the greater good. We embrace the notion of transforming society, catalyzed by innovative, secure, and industry-validated AI-powered applications.
NeuTigers is an Edge-AI startup that helps transform businesses by bringing innovative and intelligent services close to data sources and point of use. Our key focus and enabling technologies are products & services that supercharge edge analytics.
We’re developing the next generation of energy and latency efficient artificial intelligence tools that are automating a highly complex process and allow a massive compression of machine learning models while keeping its accuracy. It dramatically cut memory footprint, inference run-time, and energy consumption so that it can embed advanced intelligence across cloud, mobile devices (smart phones/watches, wearables), edge devices and IoT sensors. Therefore, decreasing bandwidth load, reducing latency, ensuring data privacy and increasing reliability. These novel technologies will unleash unseen personalized applications across many industry and consumers sectors.
We’re productizing the technology in our core healthcare vertical. We are providing AI-augmented decision support solutions for targeted chronic and rare diseases, through remote detection and monitoring of early onset of symptoms before the crisis happens or exacerbates, that allow more proactive intervention and cost-effective care management applications
Our technology platform is transversal across many industries, and we’re addressing specific needs for Industrial 4.0 IoT verticals such as Automotive to power the driver monitoring systems, Energy to monitor battery management systems, and Aerospace to enable predictive maintenance along the supply chain.
Beyond increasing access to personalized intelligent services, we also preserve privacy & security. We provide an innovative proprietary technique for detecting unknown system vulnerabilities of an IoT sensors network, manage associated vulnerabilities and improve incident response when such vulnerabilities are exploited.
NeuTigers is committed to leveraging its technology to enrich and positively impact society. We believe that AI should have meaning and purpose so that it can serve everyone. Deploying it on the edge increases access and efficiency, reduces computing costs, provides better security, and preserves privacy.
You are accountable for building a portfolio of digital health solutions. You will play a pivotal role in developing products for NeuTigers, from proof of concepts, clinical trials to commercial settings in order to significantly improve patients’ health outcomes and evangelize the effective delivery of virtual care.
You will work with a multidisciplinary international team of world-class professionals in clinical and data analytics R&D, Technology and Software development, and commercial to deliver innovative healthcare providers and patient facing digital platforms that enable the delivery of transformative care to patients with unmet medical needs, thereby helping to prevent, diagnose and treat patients more effectively and quickly.
We are looking for a highly motivated, technically savvy candidate who is responsible for supporting and implementing technology capabilities to strengthen and advance our SaMD (Software as a Medical Device) product portfolio.
This role requires a proven track-record of prior experience with digital health products and their regulations, a wealth of both process and technical knowledge about security, storage, data management, network service delivery within mobile and cloud development.
You will provide strategic and technical expertise, supporting requirement collection and exploring new technology trends to create blueprints and recommendations.
In addition, you will act as a liaison between multiple functions such as End-User (clients) communities, Software Engineering, Product Management, Regulatory, Quality and Medical Science in order to design and implement efficient technologies. More specifically in this role you will:
- Co-create our digital health multi-year strategy, anticipating and identifying cross-functional initiative needs, priorities and policies;
- Define, along with other functions, the development roadmap enabling the group to design, develop, deploy, and support a portfolio of SaMD solutions for global distribution to clinical studies and commercial products;
- Seek to provide the right intervention to the right population at the right time by ensuring our solutions benefit lower income populations and take advantage of adequate, affordable and sustainable innovations with a deep commitment and respect for our planet;
- Lead the development of the digital health governance and business processes in partnership with clinical, data science, product management, regulatory, quality and commercial functions;
- Ensure implementation of success metrics, reports, and processes to measure program effectiveness;
- Maintain and respect confidentiality and HIPAA/GDPR guidelines;
- Develop and lead external collaborations and partnerships in the digital health space to advance our strategic portfolio;
- Advise executive leadership on the subject of global health informatics and policymaking;
- Provide thought leadership with internal partners and external technology providers;
- Study trends in eHealth and global health to:
- develop improved applications and software;
- help set organizational goals;
- Deploy a precision global health culture within the corporation to ensure that the solutions developed are committed to the normative framework of human rights, sustainability and equity;
- Establish standards in medical terminology and health data interoperability to increase efficiency and scalability.
- Develop a close collaboration with R&D, Technology and Commercial stakeholders to understand their needs, strategic priorities, and pain points;
- Supports effective utilization and further development of digital health knowledge, tools, and platforms to achieve best practice in planning and cross-functional coordination;
- Advises and oversees (hands-on) the implementation of Digital Health Interventions and business models;
- Mobilize all relevant disciplines and in particular communicate and work with end-users communities to identify barriers and help remove them;
- Use state-of-the-art methodologies to prototype solutions – internally and with vendors – to validate ideas, design assumptions and other aspects of a digital health product;
- Evaluating prototypes and final solutions;
- Provide subject matter expertise to build the digital health competency and required skills;
- Advise on health data interoperability (technical & semantic) for interfacing with digital health information systems;
- Work with legal, security, and compliance teams;
- Work with CMO to ensure quality of virtual care and comply with ethical requirements;
- Train and engage stakeholders (e.g., physicians, patients, other healthcare professionals) in Digital Health systems and interventions (i.e., capacity building);
- Organize data analytics research and reporting findings to other executives, government agencies, or scholarly institutions;
- Drive and oversee global health research and development projects;
- Build a general interest enterprise (e.g., social cooperative) by creating partnerships and interfacing with existing funding entities (e.g., private-public sector, philanthropy)
- PhD, in a mixed-methods disciplines or MD with digital platform experience/technical background like health informatics, medical devices technology, or/and business analytics;
- 5+ years of relevant business or technical leadership experience with demonstrable record of delivering and executing impactful digital health strategies with innovative business models;
- Highly analytical and capable of understanding the complexities of clinical trials and the healthcare provider business processes and enterprise IT environments, while communicating and presenting clearly to technical and non-technical stakeholders and decision makers;
- Excellent communication, presentation, social, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization;
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing cloud, mobile solutions to target both iOS, Android platforms from development to market – experience in leading medical device software development is a clear plus;
- Deep working knowledge of business, clinical, operational, and IT processes in healthcare, especially in fast paced startups;
- Deep understanding of how the healthcare provider industry operates and the unique characteristics of the industry ecosystem in the USA, Europe, Africa and India;
- A sense of urgency, and a passionate drive to problem-solving to create repeatable and rapidly scalable solutions that have lasting impact.
Your values align with ours:
- Social Conscience, Customer Empathy, Entrepreneurship, Data-driven, Effectiveness, Curiosity, Collaboration, Creativity, Leadership.
NeuTigers is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at [email protected]