Join Our Team
Together, we’re building the future
of edge-AI & machine learning
Senior Data Scientist – Deep Learning Engineer
- Reports to: CTO
- Revision date: June 2022
- Classification: Full Time Position
- Location: Remote and at NeuTigers’ discretion
- Start date: September, 2022
Launched in 2018, NeuTigers is driving groundbreaking Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to the edge, improving how people and companies manage their health, operate their businesses, and protect their data, applications, and network systems.
A spinout of Princeton University, NeuTigers is fueled by breakthrough Intellectual Property (IP) from some of the world’s leading researchers and scientists. Our patented edge AI technology stack platform is at the core of our ability to accelerate the construct of real-world problem-solving solutions and allows for broad and rapid deployment at scale across many industry domains or sectors.
Our team is an interdisciplinary band of serial entrepreneurs who are passionate about the greater good. We embrace the notion of transforming society, catalyzed by innovative, secure, and industry-validated AI-powered applications.
NeuTigers is an Edge-AI startup that helps transform businesses by bringing innovative and intelligent services close to data sources and point of use. Our key focus and enabling technologies are products & services that supercharge edge analytics.
We’re developing the next generation of energy and latency efficient artificial intelligence tools that are automating a highly complex process and allow a massive compression of machine learning models while keeping its accuracy. It dramatically cut memory footprint, inference run-time, and energy consumption so that it can embed advanced intelligence across cloud, mobile devices (smart phones/watches, wearables), edge devices and IoT sensors. Therefore, decreasing bandwidth load, reducing latency, ensuring data privacy and increasing reliability. These novel technologies will unleash unseen personalized applications across many industry and consumers sectors.
We’re productizing the technology in our core healthcare vertical. We are providing AI-augmented decision support solutions for targeted chronic and rare diseases, through remote detection and monitoring of early onset of symptoms before the crisis happens or exacerbates, that allow more proactive intervention and cost-effective care management applications
Our technology platform is transversal across many industries, and we’re addressing specific needs for Industrial 4.0 IoT verticals such as Automotive to power the driver monitoring systems, Energy to monitor battery management systems, and Aerospace to enable predictive maintenance along the supply chain.
Beyond increasing access to personalized intelligent services, we also preserve privacy & security. We provide an innovative proprietary technique for detecting unknown system vulnerabilities of an IoT sensors network, manage associated vulnerabilities and improve incident response when such vulnerabilities are exploited.
NeuTigers is committed to leveraging its technology to enrich and positively impact society. We believe that AI should have meaning and purpose so that it can serve everyone. Deploying it on the edge increases access and efficiency, reduces computing costs, provides better security, and preserves privacy.
We are looking for an outstanding Deep Neural Network Machine Learning Data Scientist to take part in advancing our cutting-edge AI technologies platform. You will be responsible for researching, implementing, and characterizing novel deep learning (DL) and analysis techniques to build complex DL models to construct and offer a portfolio of IoT-based solutions. Ideal candidates will demonstrate proactivity, creativity, and an eagerness to push the boundaries in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Together with an interdisciplinary team of scientists, hardware and software engineers, medical professionals, business and strategy experts and regulatory specialists, this role will help develop technology to unlock new insights from diseases detection and monitoring to predictive maintenance for Industry 4.0 use cases, quality control and risks stratification.
We partner with leading clinical networks, life science, medical devices, industrial 4.0 players and government and academic organizations to enable fast development, meaningful advances, and deployment at scale.
- Build end-to-end design of one step DL models based on detailed understanding of business requirements, including general approach, choice of algorithm and data sources;
- Work in close partnership with Product, Data and Technology teams to identify new opportunities and ensure that key projects that are carried out in the team are delivered in a timely fashion;
- Build DL models from inception to launch: exploratory models, feature engineering, deep model architectures, tuning, and model interpretation;
- Develop a deep understanding of our data and deep learning infrastructure;
- Be a technical leader on use, adoption and implementation of personalization and recommendations algorithms;
- Research novel deep model architectures, read papers, implement and deploy them;
- Work with state-of-the-art ML techniques, including tools like Pytorch, TensorFlow and TPU;
- Communicate technical results with, and contribute new ideas to, a very collaborative and cross-functional team.
- MSc or PhD in either Computer Science or Deep Learning.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in building and executing complex analytical and data science/DL projects in a business setting, preferably in industrial IoT, healthcare, and cybersecurity domains.
- Demonstrated track record, including peer-reviewed publications, of building and using deep learning models on large data, preferably sensors and images.
- Experience with Python, C++, and Pytorch and Tensorflow as well as basic sensors signal processing, computer vision and image processing methods.
- Experience with exploratory and statistical data analysis (such as hypothesis testing, linear models, multivariate analysis, predictive modeling and stochastic models).
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement novel experiments, algorithms, and methods.
- Experience working with large-scale data, including digital sensing and imaging data.
- Experience with developing on major cloud platforms (AWS, Google, Azur, OVH).
- Excellent communication, presentation, social, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
Your values align with ours:
- Social Conscience, Customer Empathy, Entrepreneurship, Data-driven, Effectiveness, Curiosity, Collaboration, Creativity, Leadership.
Location: Virtual, with about 30% face to face time at the Company’s HQ in Brooklyn, NY.
NeuTigers is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at [email protected]